Latent Emissions, Chakaia Booker
The Snite Museum of Art is delighted to welcome the public back into the Museum beginning Tuesday, June 1.
In addition to normal museum protocols regarding no food and drink, and no touching, we ask that guests not fully vaccinated continue to wear a face mask in the museum, and remain 6-feet from other visitors not in their group for the health and safety of all.
Please check our website for the most current requirements for Covid-19 protocols when planning your visit.
Museum Gallery Viewing Hours
Admission is free.
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
and until 7:30 p.m. every Thursday
Noon – 5:00 p.m.
Closed Sunday, Monday, football Saturdays, and national holidays
The galleries are closed on these national holidays:
New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter
Fourth of July/Independence Day
Thanksgiving and the Friday after Thanksgiving
During the campus-wide December holiday break, which includes Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
See our Events page for holiday closure dates as well.
The Museum is located on the campus of the University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, across from the NW corner of the football stadium.
Snite Museum GPS Coordinates
For an interactive campus map, go to https://map.nd.edu
There are ten permanent collection galleries on three floors that are open year-round for viewing, plus five special exhibition galleries that frequently change exhibitions.
Main Museum Office
Staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(574) 631- 5466
Front Entrance Security Desk
staffed during the week, and on Saturdays
(574) 631- 4713
Friends of the Snite Museum Office
(574) 631- 5516
Requests for guided K-12 grade school tours
(574) 631 - 3093
UND faculty tour requests
(574) 631- 4718 or Hoyt.email@example.com
We ask that Museum guests also follow these standard Museum guidelines:
- Use your eyes, not your hands. Touching of any work of art is not allowed—this includes the walls and pedestals on which artworks are displayed.
- Food, gum, and beverages are not permitted in the galleries.
- Bags, purses, and backpacks larger than 11 x 15 inches must be left in the coatroom or stored in a locker (which are available free of charge).
- Coats not placed in the coatroom must be worn, not carried or tied around the waist.
- Photography of artworks that the Museum owns is allowed (without flash or use of a tripod). Keep an eye out for the no photography symbol in special exhibitions, or works of art on loan. When in doubt, ask a security guard if you can take a photo.
- The Snite Museum welcomes visitors to use its collection for study, inspiration, and enjoyment. Sketching with pencil and paper (without an easel) is allowed in the galleries. Only dry media in pencil form (charcoal, graphite, colored pencil, etc.) may be used.
(page updated June 7, 2021)